Special Education Teacher
Under the direction of a site administrator or the Director, the Special Education Teacher provides instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with Autism in a Non-Public School setting. The Special Education Teacher monitors and evaluates student progress toward IEP goals and problem behavior reduction as appropriate. The Special Education Teacher also identifies instructional materials needed for progress toward IEP goals and increased success in the classroom setting. Land Park Academy utilizes various teaching methodologies to promote learning through a positive programming approach with Applied Behavior Analysis being the primary teaching methodology used.
Special Skills & Requirements
- Early Childhood Education Specialist Credential (Special Ed) or Severely Handicapped Special Education Credential (with authorization for at least 3 years old and up) is mandatory
- A minimum of two years experience working with children/adolescents diagnosed with ASD
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies such as ABA, TEACCH, PECS, etc.
- Energetic, highly organized individual with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication, patience, tact, flexibility in approach and ability to work collaboratively as a team
- Ability to successfully manage and train classroom staff
- Ability to lead by example and motivate others to learn
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality and protect the rights of students at all times
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Ability to pass a Department of Justice fingerprint screening
- Must provide proof of a negative TB screening
To apply please click here:ADVANCE EDUCATION, INC. JOBS
Please Note: To complete the online application ensure that you are using the most updated version of your web browser. After you begin entering information into the online application please do not navigate away from the page via Capitol Autism Services’ web links or your browser's back button until the application is submitted. Doing so will clear any completed information fields.